Saving Energy, Money & the Environment
Energy conservation is not only a financial obligation, it's a moral one. Weather Shield takes its role as a good steward of both energy and environmental conservation seriously-- for the benefit of our customers and our global neighbors. This section outlines our energy saving initiatives and financial incentives, as well as our commitment to the environment as a whole.
Earth friendly, budget friendly.
From glazing options that maximize energy efficiency and personal comfort, to reducing natural resource consumption through sustainable-growth woods, we're working hard to ease our burden on the environment. Our product evolutions include recyclable materials like glass, vinyl and wood, plus utilization of low Volatile Organic Compound paints and sealants. Building green with Weather Shield saves money too.
Weather Shield Environmental Stewardship
Weather Shield not only encourages environmental stewardship among the building and design community, but it also demonstrates its environmental commitment through company-wide manufacturing practices, such as:
- Recycling of paper, wood, glass, vinyl, chemicals, aluminum and other metals-- between 500-600 tons each year. Minimizing solid and hazardous waste.
- Incorporating renewable resource utilization practices (raw materials reuse and fuel programs) throughout the manufacturing and logistics processes.
- Training employees in environmental awareness.
- Using low-emitting Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) coatings.
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable environmental standards and regulations.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships and communications with federal, state and local governmental agencies
Weather Shield was recognized by Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce with a "Business Friend of the Environment Award" for the company's innovative pollution prevention and greenhouse gas emission reduction efforts.