Energy efficient windows are windows that are designed to mitigate the transfer of heat into or out of your home. Up to 30 percent of a home’s heated or conditioned air is lost through the windows, so an investment in ENERGY STAR certified energy efficient windows can actually save you money and pay for themselves over their lifetime! Weather Shield offers several varieties of energy efficient windows in a number of shapes and styles sure to fit the needs of your home or business.
If you need more information about energy efficient windows for your home, contact us directly or call your local Weather Shield dealer . Our knowledgeable representatives and highly-trained partners can assist you in choosing the best energy efficient windows for your home!
What Makes Windows Energy Efficient?
There are several factors that determine the energy efficiency of a window. Below are the most important factors that determine how energy efficient a window will be:
- Type of Glass – some types of glass are more energy efficient than others. Weather Shield’s Zo-E-Shield glass is an energy efficient glass system that saves energy and protects your home’s interior. Our Zo-E-Shield glass has multiple low-E coatings and an inert gas-filled airspace to provide superior energy efficiency.
- Type of Window – some styles and components of windows are more energy efficient than others. For example, casement windows and picture windows are typically more energy efficient than other styles of window. Additionally, fiberglass windows are generally more energy efficient than wood and vinyl windows.
- Installation – while installation itself does not factor into a window’s rated efficiency, proper installation will maximize an energy efficient window’s energy saving potential. A poorly installed window may negate all energy saving qualities the window was manufactured to provide.
Energy Efficient Replacement Windows
If you are remodeling your home or your old windows simply need to be replaced, upgrade your home’s comfort, value and efficiency with Weather Shield’s energy efficient windows! Energy efficient windows can increase the value of your home and save you up to 20 percent on your utility bills. We offer several varieties of energy efficient windows sure to fit your home’s style and your budget including:
- Full Frame Windows – if your current window frame is unattractive, loose-fitting or weathered, you should consider purchasing full frame windows . This will ensure that your windows are structurally sound and more energy efficient.
- Pocket Frame Windows – pocket frame windows are fully assembled and are ready to be installed in the pocket of your existing window. This is one of the easiest ways to update your windows.
- Sash Kits – if your existing window frames are in good condition, but the sash is loose or damaged, purchasing a sash kit is all that is needed.
Energy Efficient New Construction Windows
If you are building a new home or constructing an addition to your home, Weather Shield has an extensive collection of windows. Our most popular energy efficient window product lines are:
Energy Efficient Window Installation
If you are looking for energy efficient windows for your new construction or replacement windows project , call or visit your local Weather Shield dealer today!